Frequently Asked Questions
Kidz Enterprise Clubs & our team
Is Kidz Enterprise Ofsted registered?
Yes, Kidz Enterprise is registered with Ofsted (EY229809). We follow Ofsted regulations and guidelines to offer the highest standard of care possible. These regulations help raise the quality of care and ensure the safety and well-being of children.
Does Kidz Enterprise work to an adult to child ratio?
As Kidz Enterprise are Ofsted registered, we follow their guidelines regarding ratios, operating a strict 1:8 ratio of adults to children for children aged four to seven and for eight year olds and over we aim for a 1:10 ratio.
Can you tell me about the staff who will work in the Clubs?
Kidz Enterprise staff are enthusiastic, inspiring and passionate individuals who are DBS checked to Enhanced Level and hold qualifications/have extensive experience in Playwork/Childcare. Club Managers will have a Level 3 or above in Playwork (or equivalent) and the majority of the rest of the team will be at least Level 2 qualified in Playwork (or equivalent). All staff are Paediatric First Aid trained and Staff receive ongoing training in various aspects of child supervision and care, including behaviour management, child protection and activity delivery.
Payment Options & Childcare Vouchers
You can find out more about the new government schemes to help with childcare costs at https://www.gov.uk/government/news/tax-free-childcare-10-things-parents-should-know
How do I pay?
• Credit/Debit Card: we accept all types of cards and make no charge for card payments. If you are booking over two months in advance payments can be spread across the duration of the booking using an instalment option payment plan generated by the system.
• Childcare Vouchers: we accept all types of childcare vouchers. Please contact Kidz Enterprise on 07973 791419 if you require assistance with these.
If you are making a regular booking covering a period of time, when paying please enter the full amount that will be paid by childcare vouchers over the whole period. The first payment needs to be made within 48 hours of booking and further payments need to be made on a monthly basis. If your childcare vouchers do not cover the whole amount any outstanding balance can then be paid in full at time of booking or by card instalments if applicable. The system will calculate this at the payment stage.
What help is available to pay for my childcare with Kidz Enterprise?
Kidz Enterprise are an Ofsted registered childcare provider; you therefore may be able to subsidise the cost of using an Kidz Enterprise Ofsted registered club through one of the following:
• Childcare Vouchers – Childcare Vouchers allow employers to help their employees with the cost of childcare. Childcare Vouchers are exempt from National Insurance Contributions (NICs) and Income Tax for employees up to the value of £55 per week, which can mean savings of over £2000 a year for a couple who are both working. Kidz Enterprise accept all childcare vouchers. Al employers are able to run a childcare voucher scheme (they make savings too). Please speak to your employer for details on this.
• Working Tax Credit – Nine out of ten families could save up to 80% of childcare costs through Working Tax Credit. For more information call 0845 300 3900 or visit www.payingforchildcare.org.uk. Martin Lewis of Money Saving Expert fame has also produced a very user friendly section on paying for childcare on his website, which includes a tax credit eligibility calculator http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/health/childcare-costs
How do I pay via childcare vouchers?
Kidz Enterprise accept all types of childcare vouchers. This can be full or part payment towards a booking. The childcare voucher company you use will depend on which one your employer is registered with. Please speak to them to find out which voucher company you use. If it is not on our list then please contact Kidz Enterprise so we can register ourselves with them. Most childcare voucher companies provide parent access to pay online via their website.
Just add your provider name and the amount you would like to pay. If it is for bookings that span over 2 months or more you will be able to pay monthly with your child care vouchers. But please don’t forget to arrange payment through the provider – using your booking reference and child’s name as the payment ref.
Can I pay with both Cards and Childcare Vouchers?
You are able to do part payments with your CCV and credit/debit card.
Can I pay by cash/cheque/bank transfer/PayPal?
Unfortunately we are unable to accept any of the above methods of payment.
Can I book and you invoice me for the sessions later?
You will need to pay for the sessions as you book them otherwise they will be deleted automatically by the system. However you can organise a card/CCV instalment plan if the booking spans more than 2 months.
Why must I pay in advance?
To enable us to provide a quality service, we require advance payment either in full or by a payment plan.
Can I spread the cost?
Yes, you have the option of spreading your payments monthly across the duration of your booking if it covers a period of more than two months. The first instalment must be paid on booking and the following monthly instalments will be set by the system and can be on a date convenient for you.
Can I get a receipt?
Once you have made a booking and payment has been made you will receive an email confirmation.
Term Time Club FAQs
Will Kidz Enterprise take my child to their class?
At the end of the Breakfast Club session, a Kidz Enterprise staff member will take the Reception, Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3 children to a predefined area or to their classroom to be handed over to a member of school staff.
What Breakfast is available to my child?
A variety of cereal, fruit and toast with spreads will be on offer each morning, Breakfast is optional.
Does my child need to bring anything with them?
No. Please ensure any items brought to an Kidz Enterprise club are clearly labelled. Please ensure children do not bring any valuable toys or belongings with them as Kidz Enterprise cannot be held responsible if they go missing.
What if my child requires medication whilst at the club?
Kidz Enterprise can only administer prescribed medication. Please ensure you hand any medication required to the Club Duty Manager with a Medication Permission form. Kidz Enterprise can email this form to you prior to your child attending. If your child requires regular medication, we recommend that you supply the Club with extra medication which can be stored to avoid regular transfer.
My child has additional needs. How can you help?
Kidz Enterprise are fully inclusive and we try to support all children. It is important that we are fully informed of any child with additional needs so we can try and support him/her in the best way possible. The best way to do this is by notifying us on the registration form. We would also suggest raising this with our company SENCO who is Derek Beesley (email@example.com) and the duty manager prior to your child’s first visit.
If your child requires 1 to 1 support, we would need notice to try and arrange this. If required, we would suggest you speak with your local authority who may be able to help you access local funding.
How will my child get to the After School Club?
Please inform your child’s school in advance that they are due to attend on a given afternoon. For children in Reception, Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3 a Kidz Enterprise staff member will collect the children from their class. For children in Year 4 and above, they can make their own way direct to the club.
How do I collect my child and can I pick them up at any time?
Parents can collect from the after school club at any time from school finish until 6pm. All children must be signed out by 6pm. Late Fees of £10 per 15 minutes are applied for late collections. You must inform the club on 01628 665981 or 07973 791419 if your child will be collected late. Only people listed on the registration and who are 16 years of age or older can collect, so Parents must ensure that the information is updated if a new person will be collecting.
Does Kidz Enterprise provide Food?
Yes, a healthy and nutritious snack will be provided when your child arrives at the club and drinking water will always be available. This is not a meal replacement.
What should my child bring?
We recommend packing according to our unpredictable English weather; on any given day this should include sun cream, sun hat, waterproofs or warmer clothing. We would suggest packing a change of clothes that you don’t mind getting messy due to our outdoor play philosophy and art & craft activities. Please ensure all items brought to an Kidz Enterprise club are clearly labelled. Please ensure children do not bring any valuable toys or belongings with them as Kidz Enterprise cannot be held responsible if they go missing.
What happens if someone else needs to pick up my child?
Only people listed as a Collector on your account can pick up your child. You can easily change this by logging into your account. Staff will only release children to people they know or can verify so please ask that collectors bring photo ID with them for checking.
My child is going to be absent or I need to cancel a session, what should I do?
You can cancel your sessions through the booking system. It is parents’ responsibility to ensure the school know that their child will not be attending after school club.
Is there a booking deadline for breakfast club and after school club sessions?
You can book up to an hour before the start of the session as long as there is availability.
Can my child also attend an extra curricular club after school?
It is fine for your child to attend a school run or extra curricular club after school. Please notify Kidz Enterprise in advance if your child is attending an extra curricular club and any arrangements made so we are aware at what time and where your child will need to be collected.
What happens on the last day of term if school finishes early?
The club will be available at an additional cost which will be added as an extra charge.
Holiday Club FAQs
What does my child need to bring on the day?
• Kidz Enterprise do not provide lunch at our holiday clubs, although on a Friday of each week we do provide a club lunch (please see relevant programme for information). A healthy and nutritious packed lunch is required. Kidz Enterprise does provide an early risers breakfast along with an afternoon snack.
• Please note: all Kidz Enterprise Clubs are nut-free zones.
• Please also bear in mind that refrigeration is not available at our settings.
• Packed lunch recommendation: non-fizzy drinks, fresh and non-processed food such as fruit, vegetables, wholemeal bread and biscuits, raisins, natural yoghurts, crackers as well as ice packs, frozen gel or frozen juice drinks.
• Drinking water is always available.
• We recommend packing according to our unpredictable English weather. On any given day this should include sun cream, sun hat, waterproofs and warmer clothing.
• We would also suggest clothes that you don’t mind getting messy due to our outdoor play philosophy and art & craft activities.
• Please ensure all items brought to an Kidz Enterprise club are clearly labelled. Please ensure children do not bring any valuable toys or belongings with them as Kidz Enterprise cannot be held responsible if they go missing.
How does drop off and collection work?
• Kidz Enterprise offer flexible collection and drop-off with our club being open from 7.30am-6pm. Please note however that the club closes promptly at 6pm; there is a charge of £10 per 15 minutes for collections made after the advertised session end time.
• The standard activity day runs from 9.15am till 5.15pm with free play outside of these hours. We operate a secure drop off and collection system. A parent/guardian must sign all children in/out each day.
• If there are any changes to your contact details since last attending an Kidz Enterprise holiday club or any medical updates, please ensure this is communicated to the Duty Manager.
Can my child be in the same group as a friend, brother or sister if they are different ages?
Kidz Enterprise Holiday Clubs have activities suitable for all ages and we are able to accommodate mixed age groups for most activities. Therefore if your child would like to be grouped with friends or family they can choose to do so.
What happens if someone else needs to pick up my child?
Only the people listed in the child’s collector field on our booking system can pick up your child. If someone who is not listed on your child’s collection field is due to collect your child, you can add this yourself by logging into your account. They will also need to bring photo ID.
My child is going to be absent or I need to cancel a session, what should I do?
• If you cancelation is more than 2 weeks’ notice then you can cancel this yourself on the account and receive a credit on your account.
• If it is within 2 weeks then you will need to call or email for us to mark your child off for that session however unfortunately we are unable to cancel it with credit on your account, due to our terms and conditions.
• Kidz Enterprise do not offer cash refunds for any booking cancellations.
What if my child requires medication whilst at the club?
Kidz Enterprise can only administer prescribed medication. Please ensure you hand any medication required to the Club Manager with a Medication Permission Form. Kidz Enterprise can email this form to you prior to your child attending. If your child requires regular medication, we recommend you supply the club with extra medication which can be stored at the club to avoid regular transfer of this medication. Please do not forget to collect any medication from us at the end of the holiday.
Is there a booking deadline for Holiday Club sessions?
Subject to availability and sufficient staffing levels, Kidz Enterprise can take bookings right up until an hour before the club is due to start as long as you have registered onto our online system. All children must be booked with their place confirmed by the system before attending. If your child attends the club without a prior booking, we may have to turn them away depending on availability of places for that day.
How do I know if you have available spaces?
You can look at availability on our website and/or on your account.
Do I have to book the whole week/month/term?
The system is very flexible and (subject to availability) you can book for individual sessions or for the whole of the Holiday period.
What if I need to cancel my booking?
If you are wanting to cancel with 14 days’ notice then you are able cancel this yourself via your account and receive a credit on your account. However if you are wanting to cancel with less notice then you will need to request your children to be marked off by us and we will not be able to give you credit for the sessions.
What shall I do if someone else is collecting my child?
Your child will not be able to leave with anyone that is not listed on your account as a collector. You can add in people by logging in to your account and selecting my children and collector. Don’t forget to save this and add the person for each of your children.
Online Booking FAQs
How do I book my child into an Kidz Enterprise Club?
• All bookings are made by parents online. To register, click on the ‘Book now’ button, then click ‘Register’. You will then need to give a few details about yourself and enter a password that you wish to use for your online account. Once you have submitted this you will receive an email which will enable to now register your child/ren’s details and make a booking. Once registered you can book your sessions at any time by clicking ‘book now’ and then entering your email address and the password. You will then be taken to your online account where you can check upcoming bookings, outstanding payments and make new bookings.
• If you need assistance you can contact us on 07973 791419 and we will be happy to help or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please ensure you read our terms and conditions before making any booking.
• All bookings are subject to availability.
• The person making the booking accepts the booking conditions on behalf of all on the booking/registration forms.
• Kidz Enterprise can take bookings right up until an hour before the club starts subject to availability. If parents arrive with children who are not booked in, you may unfortunately be turned away.
Can you book it for me over the phone?
All bookings need to be made online by the customer, however in extreme circumstances we are able to help by taking the booking and payment over the phone.
How much notice do I need to give if I want my child to start?
• As long as there is availability, once registered, you can book your child in for any session.
• For breakfast and after school clubs the whole school year will be made available for bookings for existing customers from the previous May and then opened to new customers from June.
• For holiday clubs once we have confirmed dates we will release sessions. Typically, this is at least 3 months in advance of the start of a holiday period.
• For breakfast & after school clubs, booking can be made up until an hour before the session starts as long as there is availability. It is parents’ responsibility to ensure the school is informed that their child is attending after school club.
• For holiday clubs booking can be made up until an hour before the session starts as long as there is availability.
How long does a booking last for?
For breakfast and after school clubs we release a whole school year at a time. Regular customers will be notified in advance of new customers when the next year’s dates become available. This will typically be around May each year but is dependent on schools releasing their term dates.
Can I book different days each week?
Yes – you can book whichever sessions suit your particular needs.
Can I add extra days to my booking?
Yes – Extra sessions can be booked if available. For after school clubs you can book online up to an hour before the start of the session. After this time, you will need to ring us on 07973 791419 or 01628 665981 as we need to ensure the school also know your child will be attending. There is no extra charge for this additional service.
Can I book part of a session?
Unfortunately, we do not offer a part session option but you are more than welcome to drop off or collect your child at any time during the session.
Is there a sibling discount?
There is a sibling discount for the second and subsequent siblings offered on all holiday club bookings where siblings attend the same sessions. There is no discount on breakfast or after school club bookings.
Can I cancel after I book and will I get a refund?
Yes – you can cancel online and the following notice is required:
Holiday Club bookings
• Two Weeks or more notice of the booking date – 100% refund
• Less than Two weeks’ notice of the booking date – no refund available
Breakfast and After School Club bookings
• One month or more notice of the booking date – 100% refund
• Less than a month’s notice of the booking date – no refund available
Do I need to inform you if I cancel a booking?
You do not need to inform us of cancellations as you can do these directly through the system. It is parents’ responsibility to inform the school if their child is not attending.
Can I swap days?
For breakfast and after school clubs you can cancel sessions in accordance with the cancellation notice above. If there is availability you can then book new sessions.